Thursday, May 10, 2007

Life Drawing: Week 2



This took up most of the A1 sheet. It was initially drawn with pencil and then shaded with willow charcoal. I tried to shade it by putting down the charcoal and then smudging with my finger, but I wasn't happy with the result.



This one was initially sketched out with compressed charcoal, and was quite a bit smaller (A2 size or so). I shaded it with a combination of willow charcoal and an eraser which gave nice dark soft lines and the compressed charcoal for definition.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I thought these were great, and I've printed out the first one to put in a frame around the house somewhere! You're very talented mate.

Anonymous said...

My favourite part of the front on drawing, was the drawn-up knee and the detail on the model's left foot (where the foot crinkles into the toes). It's the details that make these drawings really believable.